As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Irish citizens visiting New Zealand for tourism or short stays could apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA) or a Visitor Visa, depending on the purpose and duration of their visit. However, visa and entry requirements can change over time, so it’s essential to check the official website of Immigration New Zealand or contact the nearest New Zealand embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information before planning your trip.
Here are some general guidelines on the two common types of visas for Irish citizens visiting New Zealand:
- NZeTA (Electronic Travel Authority):
- The NZeTA is an electronic authorization that allows Irish citizens to travel to New Zealand for short stays (up to 3 months) for tourism, visiting family and friends, or business purposes.
- Irish citizens can apply for the NZeTA online through the official website or mobile app.
- Ensure you have a passport that is valid for at least three months beyond your intended departure date from New Zealand.
- You may need to provide information about your travel plans, accommodation, and health and character declarations.
- There is a fee associated with the NZeTA application, which you will need to pay online.
- Visitor Visa:
- If you plan to visit New Zealand for reasons other than those allowed under the NZeTA (such as longer stays, work, study, or other specific purposes), you may need to apply for a Visitor Visa.
- The Visitor Visa application process can vary based on the purpose and duration of your visit. You may need to submit additional documentation and meet specific requirements.
- It’s essential to check the official website of Immigration New Zealand or contact the nearest New Zealand embassy or consulate to determine the specific requirements for the Visitor Visa that align with your travel plans.
Please note that visa requirements, application processes, and fees may change, and it’s crucial to verify the latest information directly from official sources. Additionally, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, travel restrictions and entry requirements may be in place. Be sure to check for any travel advisories or restrictions related to your trip to New Zealand, and comply with health and safety guidelines.
Always plan your trip well in advance and apply for the appropriate visa or authorization based on your travel plans and the most current immigration regulations.